Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 1: Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble

Hey, I had to get the line in here somewhere... So for those of you that don't know me, let me explain something about myself...

I am not a confident cook.
I am terrified (and terrifying) in the kitchen.
I have set pizza on fire (ask my husband, it's one of his favorite stories).
The backup plan whenever I cook is always the same... Delivery pizza.
The above so much so that I often joke that all my best recipes are on speed dial..

That being said:
I have a mysterious capability with soup.
It is almost a superpower.
If the world were being held at bay by an evil anti-soup villain, I'd be your gal.

So, after the Eternal Soup had been simmering for five hours, darling husband (still bravely taking what I feed him, even after eleven years of disasters...) and I decided to have a bowl of the stew...


We served it with salt, pepper, Hungarian sweet paprika, and a fabulous pumpernickel and Oh. My. Goodness. Yum!!!

This is the part where our underdog chef dances joyously around the kitchen. Because I have always been so terrified of my own cooking (and perhaps rightly so...) that I have never dared to deviate from a recipe, much less throw caution to the wind and just dump whatever in there!

So I say "Huzzah!" to you good friends, and if ever you should be in the neighborhood, drop by for a bowl of my Eternal Soup. Because I know it's only Day One, but I have a feeling this is going to be an awesome journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment